Howard W. Harris, M.D.Orthopedic Surgeon
- Specializing in Shoulder Injuries, Shoulder Arthritis, Arthroscopic Surgery and Sports Medicine
- Orthopaedic Surgery Sports Medicine Fellowship
- American Sports Medicine Institute – Birmingham, AL
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency
- University of Alabama at Birmingham Medical Center
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center – Dallas, TX
- Southern Methodist University – Dallas, TX
- Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Sub-Specialty Board Certified in Orthopedic Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Candidate Member, American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons Association
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Sports Medicine Fellowship Society
- American College of Sports Medicine
- AO Alumni Association
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
Howard W. Harris, M.D. is a highly regarded expert in shoulder repair and reconstruction. Whether you are suffering from shoulder arthritis, pain and instability, sports injury or fracture, his training and experience can get you back to the activities you love.
Dr. Harris was born and raised in North Texas. He received his undergraduate degree from Southern Methodist University and then attended medical school at UT Southwestern Medical Center. From there, he completed an orthopedic surgery internship and residency at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Dr. Harris obtained additional fellowship training at the internationally renowned American Sports Medicine Institute with Dr. James Andrews and Dr. William Clancy, as well as orthopedic trauma fellowship in Hanover, Germany.
Dr. Harris is board-certified with the American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons and Subspecialty Board-certified in Orthopedic Sports Medicine. He is licensed in the state of Texas and is a diplomat of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, a Candidate Member of the American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons Association, and a member of the American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine and the Orthopedic Trauma Association. His practice and expertise focuses on shoulder pain and treatment, as well as sports related injuries, dysfunction and arthritis of the shoulder.
Dr. Harris is actively involved with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Arthritis Foundation and many school outreach programs. He serves as the team physician for Euless Trinity High School and Faith Christian School.
Accepting most major commercial insurance plans, most managed care plans and Medicare.